Monday 24 May 2010

23/5/10 Mission Foxton!



Well I've been up and around Corby, down & around Northampton & Wellingborough - so it was time for the circumnavigation of Market harborough!
So on the hottest day of the year so far I loaded up with 3 litres of drink, and headed north out through Pipwell & up through Ashley & Welham & Thorpe Langton before heading South across the busy A6 to Foxton! Quite a stiff climb up & over the canal swing bridge took me through Lubenham to Harborough. I had planned to go back via Braybrooke but opted to whizz down the A508 & left at Kelmarsh coming home via Haddington & 'far point'
I'd lowered the saddle 1.5cm and the L knee was more comfortable although did still niggle over the last few miles as I picked up the pace to race home. The old Iliotibial band syndrome rears it's ugly head again - despite my rest & gentle stretches.
In the scorching sun I drank & sweated freely - only really feeling the heat when I stopped for a breather - a good solid hot ride!
39.5m 2h34m @ 15.4mph 1640ft climb

No comments:

Post a Comment