Wednesday 24 October 2012

7th October 2012 - The St Neots 125

This was an event to celebrate 125years of the St Neots cycle club. I was keen to go as the route brought us almost back to Kettering. The Grafton Underwood->Brigstock->Kings Cliffe section is one of my frequent routes.
I got there just as they were about to start on a foggy but clear day. We sped out of St Neots passing over the new cycle bridge that spanned the Ouse and a section of swampy land on the east side.
Being flat countryside we sped along in nice peloton groups, as the sun broke through, and soon we were halfway (at Southwick).
A fantastic cup of coffe & cake went down a treat. I must say that all the SNCC members & support staff were very friendly - I think there was 150+ on the ride.
I suffered a little on the final 10-15miles, as we turned south through Elton,  paying the price for the fast start but ended up with a good average speed. A ride I'll do again if I can
81.42m 4h47m @ 17mph! 2933ft climb

No comments:

Post a Comment