Sunday 4 September 2011

4th September - Kettering to Derby solo


Firstly see link to Tim Doogood ?DoGOD telling the amazing story of his 1200+k 77 hour PBP marathon ride...AWESOME stuff mate.
After riding to Nottingham I decided to do the ride to Derby & keep the old legs going ready for the MACRIDE next week & CYCLE4CYNTHIA ride in 3 weeks.
Off at 7 again, this time under grey skies, then drizzle and past Leicester pissing rain - I mad good progress out past east Midlands Airport & on to Chelvaston.
Here I briefly visitted Manor Road...where my great Uncle Horace lived back in the 1930's. Unfortunately the houses were generally 1970-ish era.
I arrived at derby Station at 1120 - with enough time for coffe croissant & home on the 1146 train.
Very damp and the hot shower was very welcome. Shame I didnt make the Manchester 100 with Simes & AndyW - or even Darren...maybe next year
63.5m 4h05m @ 15.5mph 1931ft climb
TOTAL FOR 2011 now 2139m 148h pedalling!

route:- http://ridewithgps.com/trips/380165

1 comment:

  1. Cheers Clive. Your legs have pedaled some this year mate and good luck with the up and coming rides!

    ReplyDelete