Sunday 4 September 2011

14th August - Kettering to Nottingham solo ride

DooGood is now resting up prior to his Paris-Brest-Paris cycle in 1 weeks time. This crazy event takes place every FOUR years and is a non stop...1200k...yes 800+mile ride. Even thinking about if fills me with dread and puts some of my expoits in the shade. Andy (L2P '09) has just done a triathlon (2.5m swim:100 mile cycle: and then a full marathon)...al I can say is RESPECT to you guys...
Anyway I have had this kettering to Nottingham cycle in the back of my mind for some time so I decided to bite the bullet & go for it...after all it's only 56 miles!
Set off at 0700 and met up with Tim who joined me for a few miles before he headed home.
The weather was fair and I enjoyed the countryside, especially along the old Grantham to Nottingham canal...that needs alot of renovation.
I eased into Nottingham with plenty of time to catch the train home after some lovely coffee.
England isn't really that big.....
56.5m 3h49m @ 14.8mph 3152ft

No comments:

Post a Comment