Sunday 12 December 2010

12th December "back on the road again!" KetteringCC Club Run


After a frosty frustrating four weeks, a gap in the Arctic weather opened up and had to be taken advantage of.
So I pedalled over to Sainburys for 0930 and seven of us headed North under Tom's leadership. With likely frost on smaller roads we stuck to the main roads as we swept around through Market Harborough & close to Brixworth & home in sunny chilly pretty windless conditions.
I was presently suprised how the old legs kept going and finished strongly at a decent average speed.
Young Chris joined the group - he cycled LEJOG solo, and camping this year - Respect! I followed his blog at the time. (I'll hunt out link & paste here...)
Shame snow is predicted again I still have 37.26 miles to do by 31/12 for the 1500 mile 2010 total!
38.8m 2h30m @ 15.5mph 1697 ft climb 2010 total 1462.74m!

1 comment:

  1. Clive, good to meet you, I’ll definitely be coming on more rides! Only just realised, you offered me advice whilst I was preparing for LEJOG!! Unfortunately I didn’t follow the advice about riding on the A9! Not just busy but hilly and foggy!

    ReplyDelete