Wednesday 16 June 2010

Sunday 13th June - St Edmunds Wheel No 2




Did this ride 12 months ago and was looking forward to the return.
Set off early & into Abbey Gardens to register by 0830. A friendly chap managed to fix my annoying rattle, which turned out to be a loose rear 'set. Once mended Belle felt taut, quiet & smooth and I knew I was in for a fast one!
We sped out of Bury and i got to the 12 mile corner averaging 17.1mph! Northawrds to the drink stop at Tuddenham we picked up the slight tail SW wind. feeling strong I pressed on without stopping. Then came one of the most exilerating cycling sessions I've ever ridden! At this point I was caught by the peleton and we sped on through the now flattish lanes. At one point I broke free but was reeled in by the pack. Again I didnt stop at the drinks areas & pressed on, drinking & stretching on the move, racing back to Bury with an incredible average speed!
I went round to my Brother Paul's for a shower & superb steak - thanks Bro!
terrific ride with great company and no serious hills - I shall try to return in 2011.
49.5m 2h44m @ 18mph!!! 1605ft climb

No comments:

Post a Comment