Thursday 3 May 2012

4/5/12 LEJOG days 4-7

As I type this Michiel should be enjoying a beer in Tintern having crossed the Severn Bridge today!
Tomorro I'm driving to Shrewsbury & will cycle south to rendezvous with his party at the top of Hope Valley (so long as I get my timing right!!)
The descent down hope valley for me back in Sept 2009 was the best descent of the whole LEJOG trip, as the car behind backed off & I had all the road to use. Ther surface was perfect & descent exhillarating..I hope it's the same tomorrow.
Then I an joining the group to Preston on Saturday, on to Carlisle on Sunday (over Shap again) and into Gretna on Monday morning. From there I will head back to carlisle station and home.
I am really looking forward to following in my own footsteps for a few days...
...more info when I can log in somewhere....
follow Michiel:-
http://www.wheelygreat.blogspot.co.uk/
and some vets on the ride too! Seem to knackered to write much!
http://www.ccvetscycleride.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment