Tuesday 11 October 2011

9th October Kettering to Luton 59m


This route had been on my radar for a while so I was up at 0700 ready to set off...But winter is drawing in and it was pitch black & pissing down big time.
So I contemplated going back to bed but by 0730 the light was improving and clouds were clearing. Despite a fairly stiff, but warm, SW winnd I set off down past Northampton. Once through Horton I was into new cycle territory for me. Passed through Selsey forest & on over the M1 and down to the halfway point at Castlethorpe.
Here I joined Watling Street as it passed to the west of Milton Keynes. Here there were some other cyclists on a sportive & their company spurred me on. Finally turning eastward the wind became 'angels breath' on my R shoulder and I was able to pick up speed.
North of L.Buzzard I checked out Three Locks Golf course and it's added to my target list!
Once through that town I was along past Tisworth Golf centre. Played ther with my brother about 20years ago...the trees & bushes have inevitably grown up alot.
On into Luton arriving about 1140. 1207 train home & in shower by 1pm!
Really enjoyed the ride & checked out some new bits of good old England!
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/752428
58.9m 3h49m @ 15.4mph
Total for 2011 2356m should make 2500m this year hopefully

1 comment: