Sunday 27 March 2011

27th March solo all around Thrapston...pushing out the bubble...

I'd hoped to do the Cheshire cat ride today but as Michiel &Tim were busy I thought I'd leave the Mow Cop for 2012! Decided to do 50 miles+ and push out the cycle bubble around my house. Headed S through Finedon, up through the Addingtons, Raunds, Keystone, over the A14 & on to Old Weston. Then through Winwick & Barnwell - very grey & bleak and I felt along way from home. Soon into familiar territory at Oundle, past the Golf Course and watched a glider get winched into the air, circle and land gently at Brigstock airstrip - that looks fun! Legs burning I pressed on & just managed to get the average up to 15mpg after a slow start...not bad for an old geezer of 52! Then I read about Tim/Ron's 300k (171mile!) Audax yesterday & my effort looks a bit pathetic! 50.98m 3h23 @ 15mph 2187ft climb

2 comments:

  1. Good ave speed mate. Am gonna do a 400k - interested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 400k...400k!!!! 240 miles!!! 16 hours at 15mph with meal breaks will take 18 hours - midsummer day job....Nah not for me...too old.... thinking of the kilotogo 156m flat out on the fens in June....no menace hills

    ReplyDelete