Monday 23 August 2010

London to Paris July 2011

In recent months I have decided to do L2P again next year - originally with my third son, Luke. However he is not showing much enthusiasm for cycling (ie ZERO!) so I may be on my own - hopefully with the company of one or two friends.
The plan is to go with ActionMedicalResearch rather than DA as they offer 4 different routes, including one via Portsmouth/StMalo/Chartres which looks appealing.
Also they get all the 5 route groups to Paris For Sat 23rd July. That means we can all be in Paris to see the finale of the Tour de France the next day before shooting home on the Eurostar!
So I'm booking the leave & will see if any of my 'novice' cyclists friends want to join me, along with maybe 'non-novice' DooGood, who is now very experienced & just off on LEJOG again soon, this time with minimal support (see his blog)
Anyway it'll all increase my motivation to keep pedalling each week, especially as the temperature drops & daylight shortens...YUK!
Woke early on Sunday morning - beautiful blue sky & little wind after a blustery shitty saturday. I'm cross with myself that I couldn't be bothered to go out on a ride. My annual total stands at 981 miles & I could have polished off the 19 needed to hit 1000....Next time I WILL get up & out....

LEJOG 2010 - the lucky 32 set off on 31/8/10
Martin is one of them:-

http://martinsunshineride.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment