Sunday 11 July 2010

11/7/09 Shackleton, Hackleton & backleton!


I've had Hackleton in my sights for a while. I awoke to a sunny but windy morning, and as it was a sou'westerly I thought I'd get there at last.
With The Tour de France on the tv the road was busy with plenty of other riders out there. I battled against the wind over now familier territory. Once there the return 20+ miles was a speedy whizzy experience & I was home in a flash!
Belle's feeling good and I now have >700 miles in 2010. Nothing to compare with Doo, mad Simon, or Andy Arsenal, but looks like I'll easily pass the 1000m target I set for this year!
Andy & Simon got from Gibraltar to Milton Keynes, and he's carrying on to Blackpool for some reason! These cyclists are crazy! And Doo's been doing 190m/12hr+ Audaxes.....

42.07m 2h46 @ 15.2mph 1933ft climb

2 comments: